Apple iPhone 5, expected to be announced on 12 Sept. and available for worldwide release from 21 Sept. will have a 4-inch screen.
“The new screen is 0.91 millimeters, about 0.1 millimeters thinner than the glass panel on the iPhone 4S. There are some other changes relating to the position of the receiver hole, camera hole and proximity sensor hole.”, says a post on Zdnet.com.
This showed a number of interesting new features, including:
- Unibody metal chassis, which to me looks and sounds like it might be made from Liquidmetal alloy;
- Width appears unchanged;
- Longer body, suggesting a 4-inch screen;
- Substantially thinner design;
- Smaller SIM tray;
- Headphone jack moved to the bottom;
- Smaller dock connector;
- Larger speaker grill;
- The on/off switch, volume control and mute switch seem to be similar to those found on the iPhone 4 and 4S.
A few big changes coming through… excited, eh?