Who are the most LIKED / FOLLOWED / PINNED celebrities on Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest respt?
Well, as of today, 10 June 2012, following are the biggest players on the social networking sites –
1) Eminem – 58,222,221 Likes, Singer, M
2) Rihanna – 57,263,637 Likes, Singer, F
3) Lady Gaga – 51,834,276 Likes, Singer, F
4) Shakira – 51,436,003 Likes, Singer, F
5) Michael Jackson – 49,670,771 Likes, Singer, M
6) Cristiano Ronaldo – 45,035,031 Likes, Footballer, M
7) Justin Beiber – 44,184,605 Likes, Singer, M
8) Katy Perry – 43,844,566 Likes, Singer, F
9) Akon – 40,073,432 Likes, Singer, M
10) Bob Marley – 38,830,026 Likes, Singer, M
9 singers in top10 justifies the fact that Facebook is being utilized by these celebrities to connect with their fans, launch sneak previews of upcoming hit singles, release album info, upcoming event / concert info and more. The more authentic the voice, the more number of fans these celebs have. The only exceptions – 5) and 10) spots which are occupied by deceased celebs and maintained by fans/admins. Christiano Ronaldo lone sportsman in the top10. 6 MALE celebs, 4 FEMALE celebs.
1) Lady Gaga – 25,506,680 Followers, Singer, F
2) Justin Beiber – 23,103,432 Followers, Singer, M
3) Katy Perry – 21,055,915 Followers, Singer, F
4) Rihanna – 20,407,143 Followers, Singer, F
5) Britney Spears – 17,535,056 Followers, Singer, F
6) Shakira – 16,467,280 Followers, F
7) Barack Obama – 16,422,411 Followers, M
8) Taylor Swift – 14,957,448 Followers, F
9) Kim Kardashian – 14,924,764 Followers, F
10) YouTube – 13,643,802 Followers, NA
Once again – just like Facebook, Twitter is heavily dominated by Singing celebs. 7 out of top10 are singers. 1 politician, 1 social networking site (YouTube). Kim Kardashian is probably the only one up there who’s a celebrity without any apparent skill set (quite a feat in fact, on its own). 2 MALE celebs, 7 FEMALE celebs, 1 NA.
Another important fact to note – in top10 of both Facebook & Twitter – we have a few common celebs –
a) Rihanna – 2 on Facebook, 4 on Twitter
b) Lady Gaga – 3 on Facebook, 1 on Twitter
c) Shakira – 4 on Facebook, 6 on Twitter
d) Katy Perry – 8 on Facebook, 3 on Twitter
These are our *REALLY* social celebrities of the world.
For the MARKETERS – If you’re planning to launch a worldwide campaign of your product / service – and looking to leverage a brand influencer, who besides being an outright A+ celebrity in his/her own field of expertise is also extremely social and has considerable fan following on both marketing platforms – Facebook & Twitter – these above-mentioned 4 are the ones to target. Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Shakira & Katy Perrry.
These 4 share 284,000,000+ FANs collectively.
That’s quite a marketing database in fact.
1) Jane Wang – 3,048,239 Followers, F ( mum of one of Pinterest co-founders )
2) Jennifer Chong – 1,841,328 Followers, F ( graphic designer / traveler )
3) Mike D – 1,571,828 Followers, M ( art director, designer )
4) Maia McDonald – 1,547,539 Followers, F ( graphic designer )
5) Caitlin Cawley – 1,477,865 Followers, F ( graphic designer )
6) Anna H – 1,429,772 Followers, F ( blogger )
7) Daniel Bear Hunley – 1,413,434 Followers, M ( social media coordinator for Powell Creative )
8) Michael Wurm – 1,126,953 Followers, M ( freelance lifestyle / craft / food blogger )
9) Bright.Bazaar ( Will ) – 1,118,771 Followers, M ( freelance interiors writer / blogger / prop stylist )
10) Ez Pudewa – 1,080,920 Followers, F ( designer / blogger of CREATURE COMFORTS BLOG )
11) Christine Martinez – 1,069,775 Followers, F ( founder of LAMA Designs, an online boutique )
12) Joy Cho – 809,080 Followers, F ( designer, blogger, food enthusiast )
One thing that is clear is Pinterest has made way to a new playing ground on the social media front. As is evident from the influencers on Pinterest, none of them is a celebrity as of the likes present on Facebook / Twitter. Instead, the influencers with the highest number of followers are either – graphic designers, interior designers, travel/food/lifestyle writers and bloggers. 8 FEMALE, 4 MALE in top 12.
For the MARKETERS – If you’re planning to get your product offerings go viral and get maximum exposure on Pinterest; its best to contact these influencers and get them to re-Pin your boards/pins. Every pin / like / comment gets shared across their feed, which in turn receives eye-balls of their huge number of followers.
These 12 share 17,000,000+ FOLLOWERS collectively.
That’s quite a marketing database in fact for your product to receive eye balls.