Have read hundreds of them – here and there; some awesome, some inspirational, and some simply amazing. These are my personal 10 most favorite quotes from the iCon of the Century, probably, the Greatest Man who ever walked on God’s Green Earth – Steven Paul Jobs.
1. Do what you love. You’ve got to find what you love. As with all matters of the heart, you will know when you find it.
2. Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.
3. You’ve got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don’t settle.
4. Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent.
5. Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
6. Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.
7. I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple’s $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong. I’m going to destroy Android, because it’s a stolen product. I’m willing to go thermonuclear war on this.
8. I make 50 cents for showing up and the other 50 cents is based on performance. (On his $1 Annual Salary as CEO at Apple)
9. I like to think that something survives after you die. It’s strange to think that you accumulate all this experience, and maybe a little wisdom, and it just goes away. So I really want to believe that something survives, that maybe your consciousness endures.
10. Stay hungry, stay foolish.
I’ve these 10 quotes printed and put up on my wall… Feels great when I read it once in a while, especially, when am feeling down, sad and out. Makes me realize, I still do what I love. Quotes are useless if you can’t draw parallels from your life, and this quintessentially, applies to Inspirational and Philosophical Quotes. One of my very good friend’s is going through a very bad patch in her life – her dad is very ill, and whenever I do SMS her an Inspirational quote, she invariably feels better. So, if you love these, print them out and put them up someplace where you can see them every day.