Well, to put simply – “A cash back site is a website shopping portal (online mall) where you can earn cash back on your spending. Typical deals are anywhere from 1% to 5% cash back, with some retailers offering more than that. So how do these online malls offer this cash back? Well, they actually get a commission on the sale of the merchants product. They then turn around and give you a cut of that commission. Plus, they sometimes list coupons for you to use to couple with your cash back. To earn your cash back you just have to remember to shop through the cash back site’s portal.” (source: Web)
The problem becomes when you start searching for one which has a good retailer choices for you and can provide you the best deals, voucher codes & coupons and most importantly, good to highest rates of cash back on your purchases. In the US, UK & Australia – cash back sites are dime a dozen. One of the most established ones include: Ebates.com. Check out their advertisement below.
But what about India? I decided to take a small detour on the cash back situation in India.
A Google.co.in search for keywords: “cash back india“, “cash back sites india“, “best cashback sites in india“, “cash back shopping india” had the following sites pop-up (minusing irrelevant sites and banking sites which appeared owing to their cash-back credit card deals, which turned up in results):
- cash back india =
- cash back sites india =
- best cashback sites in india =
- cash back shopping india =
- One particular cash back site may not cover all your favorite e-Retailers.
- One particular cash back site may not cover all the e-Retailers in your preferred category(ies). E.g. Fashion cash back deals on ApnaCashback & Cashitback gives quite different results.
- Deals, coupon codes, and voucher codes may (and mostly will) vary from one site to another.
- You don’t want to miss out on the HOT Deal of the Day! – thus, keeping an eye on around 3/4 cash back sites is necessary to get best return on your hard-earned money.
- Additional features – Pennyful.in, for example, lets users use the discount codes on items on the e-Retailer sites in addition to the usual cash-back. Thus, you get discount + cash back on every purchase. A WIN-WIN situation. Check out Pennyful.com & Pennyful.In Founder & CEO Ravitej Yadalam’s interview here.